- React Native is an open-source mobile application development framework developed by Facebook.
- Coinbase migrating its mobile app’s core sign up with React Native.
- Coinbase mobile apps which will be embedded with React Native will have their Sign-ups flow to be written from scratch.
Coinbase X React Native
React Native is an open-source mobile application development framework developed by Facebook and it is used to develop applications supported by IOS, Android, UWP, and Web. It enables developers to develop applications using React with Native platform capabilities.
Recently Coinbase, A platform known for its online offering of diverse services like buying, selling, transferring and storing centered around Cryptocurrencies or Digital Currency announced that it is onboarding thousands of users with React Native.
Coinbase move of migrating its mobile app’s core sign up with React Native is seen as a result of the commit which was made back in mid-2019.
The decision was influenced by several factors but some key factors were: –
- Coinbase is a multinational firm and it supports more than 100 countries and the number is kept on expanding. The diversification of application was the very limited cause of different countries having different regulatory requirements, terms, and conditions. The mobile user experience must be dynamic in nature and adapt to each user’s location and identity profile. React Native is the perfect alternative to their old complex part of their apps without being too expensive.
- Coinbase mobile apps which will be embedded with React Native will have their Sign-ups flow to be written from scratch and making the user experience a delight. The rewriting will also be much easier with React Native as it will eradicate the unnecessary complex modules, amount of code duplication and maintaining parity between android and IOS apps.
Coinbase pro application which was previously being written in Swift for the IOS app will get entire rewritten in React native, on the other hand, Coinbase will only utilize the react-native in its new sign-up screen as an internal NPM package.
However, even the Coinbase claims that the overall experience with React Native has been positive but it faced several challenges while developing such as learning Curve for Native Engineers and web engineers.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?