- VeChain is a blockchain platform designed to enhance business processes and supply chain management.
- The VeChain Thor Blockchain uses proof of authority (POA) as a consensus protocol.
- VeChain Developer recently announced their new update of the VeChain dubbed as thor-sync.electron 1.2.2.
What is VeChain
VeChain is a blockchain platform designed to enhance business processes and supply chain management. The main goal of VeChain is to enable process and information flow smoothly within complex supply chains using distributed ledger technology.
VeChain was founded by Sunny Lu, Former CIO (Chief Information Officer) of Louis Vuitton China in 2015.
VeChain currently have two tokens under its wings
- VeChain Token (VET)
- VeChain Thor (VTHO)
VET is VeChain’s Native Token known as VeChain Token and it is meant to carry a value like money or “Smart money” from Smart contracts.
The VTHO which stands for VeChainThor Energy is also known as VeThor Energy. The purpose of VeThor energy is to power the transactions done on VeChain which translates to the cost of conducting transactions on its blockchain.
The concept is like which Ethereum uses by utilizing the ether and NEO’s gas. The only thing which differs it from the Ethereum is that Ethereum lacks in the aspects of the price of the ether, its native gas token is volatile.
The VeChainThor Blockchain uses proof of authority (POA) as a consensus protocol. Proof of Authority is an algorithm used with blockchain which allows the delivery of transactions comparatively fast through a consensus mechanism by putting identity as a stake.
VeChain New Update.
VeChain Developer recently announced their new update of the VeChain dubbed as thor-sync.electron 1.2.2
Sync v1.2.2 has released. Multiple improvements in UI and bug fixes. Users can now select which default VeChain explorer to use to view their transactions.https://t.co/zQtoCPaYGA pic.twitter.com/VmbZFbzGqc
— VeChain Dev (@vechaindev) March 4, 2020
The update brings the following changes:
- Explorer search engine setting: Users can set the default explorer search engine.
- It allows the user to add explorer as the default shortcut after the installation.
- Auto-selection of the last wallet after signed a certificate or transaction.
- Users can adjust ledger device connection animation.
- Fixed the following bugs
- macOS notarize apps issue
- The application failed to enforce the address for signing a certificate.
- Ledger verifies the address dialog typo.
The following information can be found in Github.