- This third cohort consists of 17 startups, which were chosen from a list of 140 startups that have applied for a popular position in the cohort.
- Officially, it has announced for the selection on March 11.
- The venture will be aiming at industries like fintech, sports, energy, IoT, gaming, and healthcare.
The Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator declared for its third cohort, scheduled to take place in the spring of 2020. This third cohort consists of 17 startups, which were chosen from a list of 140 startups that have applied for a popular position in the cohort.
About 2020 cohort
The project is made up of the Sutardja Center for Entrepreneurship & Technology, the Berkeley Haas School of Business, Berkeley Engineering, and Blockchain at Berkeley. Officially, it has announced for the selection on March 11.
The venture will be aiming at industries like fintech, sports, energy, IoT, gaming, and healthcare. During this project, the team members will be involved with Berkeley’s network of mentors, researchers, venture capital firms, faculty, and the supreme talent of the student in the blockchain ecosystem.
The Berkeley Blockchain Xcelerator includes:
- Alcala: A decentralized financial association that tends to create a cross-chain open infrastructure for the Polkadot ecosystem.
- ARterra: Built on the NEAR protocol Arterra is a fan rendezvous platform, which offers services to sports franchises, eSports, teams, and streamers.
- Blockstar: An open market for the exclusive brands that offer involving them with video games, VR experiences, social networks, and messaging apps. This is a platform where virtual goods can be bought, rented, or used.
- Blok-z: A white-label solution responsible for verifying the production, trading, and tracking of consumption of electricity, all at one place with an end-to-end certification of electricity origin.
- Calypso: An inverse auction site that permits the borrowers to create personalized loan tenders.
- Cowri: A network allowing for the quick and proficient exchange of stablecoins.
- Finoa: Based in Germany, EU licensed custody and asset servicing solutions for organizations and corporations.
- GVOS.io: An edge cloud using distributed storage to create, store, allocate, and monetize HD maps for self-directed driving.
- Linkdrop: Used by crypto projects and wallets, Linkdrop is a Web3 marketing platform that allows users to insist on digital assets without a wallet.
- Liquid Mortgage: A platform that creates loan-level digital assets and permitting the transferal of borrower funds to investors.
- Nodle.io: A venture of connecting and securing the Internet of Things (IoT) with over 5M DAU smartphones.
- Nugbase: A multiplayer online game with Ethereum-based farming.
- OPGames: Provides a set of tools that helps game developers to add e-sports-like tournaments to their single-player games and earn crypto payouts.
- Sixtant: A high-frequency transaction system that offers market making and liquidity services in crypto.
- Snark Health: A venture that forms consistency among patients, doctors, and donors for health care services.
- Snowball Money: An intense crypto investment automation platform.
- Stake Technologies: An accessible structure for Web3.0 through a brand-new Plasma Network which allows smart contracts.