- The asset managers of Grayscale crypto have managed to raise $3.7 billion till date.
- The grayscale Bitcoin trust (BTC) has added one billion over the last year and currently holding Bitcoin, Ethereum and other digital assets.
The asset managers of Grayscale crypto have managed to raise $3.7 billion till date. The grayscale Bitcoin trust has added one billion over the last year and currently holding Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum ETH, Stellar Lumens (XLM)and other digital assets. From Q1, the firm has added $500 million which is 83% of capital raised in last year. The firm raised the Majority of the investment from institutional investors. Most of these investors are from hedge funds. They contributed 88% of the total asset raised.
05/08/20 UPDATE: Net Assets Under Management, Holdings per Share, and Market Price per Share for our Investment Products.
— Grayscale (@Grayscale) May 8, 2020
Retirement accounts and family offices are holding 4% and 3% respectively while individuals hold the rest 5%.
How many Bitcoins does Grayscale have?
The company started in 2013. At that time, the company operated as Trust (Btc) Stock. But with time they add more than BTC Stock i.e. added many other cryptos. However, the company still holds 89% of its asset in Grayscale BTC. At present Grayscale holds $3.3 billion in the bitcoin trust. The company has been increasing its strength from months. At present, trust and CashApp are holding almost half of new BTC minted.
The trust offers 10 cryptocurrency investment products. Some examples of their products are BCH Trust (BCH), Litecoin Trust (LTC), Ethereum Classic Trust (ETC), Stellar Lumens Trust (XLM), Grayscale Digital Large Cap Fund etc.
Grayscale Bitcoin Trust now has around 1.7% of the total circulating bitcoin supply. The company had also added $110 million through Grayscale Ethereum Trust.
Can I buy Bitcoin on the stock market?
You cannot buy Bitcoin or any other crypto from the stock market. The reason is these investment options are not listed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or any other regulator. These technologies have prides that there is no central control over their operations and transactions. That’s why the value of the crypto coins is volatile. However, the condition has changed after investing option through Bitcoin stock exchange or digital wallet.
- Medalla Testnet Reached Genesis: Expected Rollout On August 4th - August 1, 2020 3:01 pm EDT
- U.S. Attorney Office Charges 3 People For Roles In Twitter Hack That Hit High-Profile Users - August 1, 2020 10:05 am EDT
- Paul Tudor Invests $210 Million in Bitcoin, Weiss Crypto Rating Reveals - May 29, 2020 11:31 pm EDT