- Cryptocurrency visionary John McAfee has launched his privacy coin GHOST using a novel distribution method.
- He revealed that only holders of the ERC-20 token ESH would be able to acquire GHOST tokens on a one-for-one basis.
- GHOST ERC–20 tokens to swap for GHOST mainnet coins on 22 June.
Cryptocurrency visionary John McAfee has launched his privacy coin GHOST using a novel distribution method. Eschewing initial coin offerings, he revealed that only holders of the ERC-20 token ESH would be able to acquire GHOST tokens on a one-for-one basis. An airdrop took place on Monday, using a snapshot on 24 May. Bitcoin.com’s cryptocurrency trading platform listed ESH so its users could access the token beforehand. GHOST ERC–20 tokens to swap for GHOST mainnet coins on 22 June. ESH used exclusively on the Switch ecosystem, which hosts McAfee’s own digital exchange, launched last year.
Announcing the airdrop on Twitter, McAfee called GHOST the world’s first true privacy coin distributed on a decentralised exchange. He emphasized that exchange into other currencies has always broken the privacy link. GHOST, however, didn’t require any sort of personal information from the user to make transactions and a step forward for human freedom.
Here is my explaination: pic.twitter.com/JINkJlN2z3
— John McAfee (@officialmcafee) May 25, 2020
Chasing crypto GHOST
Zero-knowledge proofs verify the legendary software developer and advisor’s new privacy coin on a proof-of-stake network controlled only by token holders and users. The altcoin is set to be a game-changer. According to McAfee, it will also bear just a fraction of market standard transaction fees.
Privacy coins are certainly not a new development in the cryptocurrency. However, in a world where privacy is on the top of the legislative agenda, McAfee promises that GHOST takes privacy beyond Bitcoin. He intends to build a thriving product ecosystem that emphasizes anonymity, with a raft of new features in the pipeline. These include a GHOST–encrypted chat app, a peer-to-peer GHOST marketplace, and a solution for facilitating trades with cross-chain atomic swaps.
Outside of the cryptocurrency community, McAfee is probably best known for the ubiquitous anti-virus software that bears his name. A colorful figure, the British-American businessman, an outspoken campaigner against traditional financial systems. His main campaign issue is to promote the use of cryptocurrencies. When announcing his US presidential campaign in 2018, he revealed that the promotion of cryptocurrencies would be his main issue. He has also said that he considers taxation illegal. GHOST promises to be another exciting chapter in the McAfee saga.
- Medalla Testnet Reached Genesis: Expected Rollout On August 4th - August 1, 2020 3:01 pm EDT
- U.S. Attorney Office Charges 3 People For Roles In Twitter Hack That Hit High-Profile Users - August 1, 2020 10:05 am EDT
- Paul Tudor Invests $210 Million in Bitcoin, Weiss Crypto Rating Reveals - May 29, 2020 11:31 pm EDT