- The IOHK founder suggested that the Cardano Incentive Test Network also utilised as Cardano rapid test network.
- Some have expressed doubts that this initiative from Cardano may reduce the resources devoted to Shelley’s mainnet.
- For the sake of the voting, Cardano is creating an app of simple nature, that they plan to release on their testnet website.
The Cardano founder suggested that the Cardano Incentive Test Network (ITN) also utilised as Cardano rapid test network. It would function as a network that focuses on quick prototyping and testing. Additionally, It would allow it to increase its scope of usage. This could prove to be a valuable effort to enrich the future development of Cardano.
This post should help. I'll be releasing a whiteboard tonight as well https://t.co/RqYm2yBke3— Charles Hoskinson (@IOHK_Charles) June 24, 2020
While some have expressed doubts that this initiative from Cardano may reduce the resources devoted to Shelley’s mainnet. However, the company has communicated with users and assured them to rest their doubts. As a completely different team working on this and delivering to both, this new development will not hamper the main objective.
Process Proposed by Cardano Developers
With two stages mentioned below as part of the process, there will be a decision on whether to put additional rewards to the mainnet.
- Technocratic vote for stake pool operators – this shall give an idea as to how many of them are willing to support this initiative and accept the reward when generated. This vote will be open to those having a testnet ADA stake in the incentive test network.
- Cardano community vote – this vote shall be a courtesy to the community, to get their view on the development.
For the sake of the voting, Cardano is creating an app of simple nature, that they plan to release on their testnet website. If this plan falls through, the voting will conduct through CLI capability.
Significance of the vote
The first vote will create the possibility of the continuation of this efficient network while the next will decide the stance of the community. The second vote is of utmost importance as the community as a whole has to approve of this big step for there to be any redemption value in the pre-authorized rewards.
If the vote does not pass, the rewards will be put towards the mainnet after June 29th. The voting process has been decided upon after reaching out to the community. Thus, They are willing to experiment with this unique initiative.