- Cryptocurrency funds are now all set to get a massive investment from a prominent Venture Capital expert.
- Katie Haun, also known as Venture Capital Guru for her expertise in her field, is now looking forward to investment in Crypto funds.
- The plan is to raise $900 Million, which further will be diversified to $300 million in crypto startups and another $600 million to larger companies.
Kathryn Katie Haun, a well-known Venture Capital expert who is now planning to raise approximately $900 Million for investment in Cryptocurrency Funds. Earlier, Katie was part of prominent venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz for three years. Now she has departed from the firm and is moving forward to form her venture capital firm, named HRK. Last month, Katie announced about leaving Andersen Horowitz, where she was for three years; she managed to procure approximately $2.2 Billion crypto fund for a venture capital firm.
The crypto fund of $900 million will be divided further and invested in two different phases; from the fund, $300 million will be funded for cryptocurrency startups to help them emerge and initial support, and the rest $600 million has been planned to invest in large companies and digital assets.
However, this is the plan yet, but it is being considered that once Katie had co-led a crypto fund of $2.2 billion for a previous venture capital firm, so now raising $900 million for her venture capital firm will not be that hard for the firm. Her firm HRK will consist of employees from Andreessen Horowitz and Coinbase. HRK has got $50 million for its crypto fund from Andreessen. But the newly formed Venture capital firm HRK might face a tough time because crypto funds investment is already full of venture capital firms, and more are coming.
For instance, earlier partners of Katie, Andreessen Horowitz, are already into crypto funds with their multi-dollar venture funds; the same goes for Paradigm, who has also announced million-dollar crypto funds. Sequoia and Point72 are some of the traditional venture capital firms planning to make their presence in the crypto market. Although HRK has already participated in a funding round in Opensea, famous for making $13.3 billion markets valued Non-Fungible Tokens (NFT).
Katie was a federal prosecutor earlier, working alongside the SEC and FBI. Later she became a general partner at venture capital firm Andreessen Horowitz, where she spent three years and managed $2.2 billion of crypto funds. While leaving the venture capital firm, she also said she would be a part of the firm. She said she would manage the firm’s crypto portfolio and keep her seat firm’s board.
- Polkadot Price Prediction: Will the Buyer’s Accumulation Maintain? - March 21, 2023 7:30 pm EDT
- NFT Wash Trading Sees an Incredible Surge in Volume by 126% - March 21, 2023 5:30 pm EDT
- GMX Deploying Protocol on Coinbase’s Base Affirms Community - March 21, 2023 4:30 pm EDT