- Elon Musk shared that spammers and bots might constitute the majority of the daily user base on Twitter. These dismaying statistics can affect the platform’s stock on the market.
- These statistics are a big stain on the reputation of the platform. In addition, it can also cause some serious marketing issues for Twitter.
- A dip of 10% has been recorded on the market since investors started selling their Twitter stock after knowing about Musk’s plan to go deep into statistics about the most important metrics provided by the platform.
Tesla Boss and Huge Dogecoin admirer Elon Musk have revealed that the daily user base on Twitter might be full of bots or spammers. The disappointing statistics have the potential to affect the price of the platform’s stock on the market.
Spam accounts might constitute the most profiles on the platform, per Musk’s statement. These accounts created just for serving the purpose of scamming or spamming real users have damaged the company’s reputation along with its stock.
The reputational damage is certain. Additionally, there could be some serious issues with advertisers for Twitter since daily users are the main metric that is taken into account during the time ads’ efficiency is calculated.
Time’s person of the year, Musk earlier said that he is yet to come across an analysis that would give the platform’s stated less than 5% mark on the number of spam, fake, or duplicate accounts on social media channels.
For someone willing to buy one of the leading social media platforms in the world, the number of authentic accounts and real active users would be one of the key points for consideration.
As the news regarding Musk’s plan to dive deep into the statistics about the most important metrics provided by the platform came out, investors began selling their Twitter stock, leading to a huge 10% dip in the market.
TWTR stocks increased by more than 55% and even touched a four-month high at some point, back when there were talks about Musk’s potential purchase of the social media platform started making rounds. However, the hope of the investors quickly shattered as they witnessed Musk facing hindrance on its way to overtaking the platform.
- Is This Crypto Space Deleveraging Cycle Not Really Extensive? JP Morgan Thinks So - July 1, 2022 11:30 am EDT
- Stacks Price Analysis: STX Left out from this Interesting Channel, What’s Next? - July 1, 2022 11:00 am EDT
- BitDAO and Game7 Ecosystems Welcomes MetaMask Lead Of Operations In Their Team - July 1, 2022 9:00 am EDT