- Mark Zuckerberg retitled Facebook back in October 2021, representing that they are shifting their focus towards metaverse.
- Recently, he expressed his desires in a CNBC interview that he wants a billion folks to persist in his metaverse.
- Back in May, Mark Zuckerberg showcased a demo video exhibiting that whah his organization is capable of with respect to virtual reality.
Zuck Buck’s High Optimism For Metaverse
Meta CEO, Mark Zuckerberg is developing a metaverse, a term he thinks is the future of the internet. A digital realm similar to the Novel and film adaptation Ready Player One.
He desires and thinks that he can attract a billion folks into his virtual world. This translates to folks spending their funds in the metaverse, sounds great right?
During a CNBC interview, he said that they are hoping to bring in a Billion users in the metaverse, doing a myriad of dollars of commerce, acquiring virtual goods, virtual content, and much more stuff to express themselves. It can be anything, from clothes to virtual commodities.
The movement initiated back in 2014 with the acquisition of Oculus VR by Facebook (Now Meta). They paid $2 Billion for the purchase.
Meta has since worked to make the Oculus headsets much better than they were at the time of acquisition, and thinks that this will be the key to the metaverse desired by them and the folks.
Oculus Headsets are anticipated to offer similar quality in the metaverse which we have witnessed in Steven Speilberg’s Ready Player One. Just thinking about such a virtual world gives me goosebumps.
How A Metaverse Should Be?
Metaverse is undoubtedly a mesmerizing concept, and it will be worth getting immersed into. But in my opinion, no one wants to persist in a metaverse rendered with graphics similar to The Sandbox, which offers a pixelated digital world to folks where they can do various activities similar to real life.
To be very honest, I would really love to see myself foraying into a metaverse with graphics similar to Call of Duty: Warzone or Crysis. I mean, why would anyone deny an opportunity to enter a pixelated, low graphics metaverse, when they can enter “The Verdansk.”
- Nvidia to ‘ACE’ Metaverse Avatars Using Avatar Cloud Engine - March 21, 2023 3:58 pm EDT
- A Metaverse Technology Market May Reach Over $300B by 2030: Report - March 21, 2023 10:44 am EDT
- With Bitcoin Above $28K MSTR Stock Head Towards $300 Mark - March 21, 2023 8:21 am EDT