- Many organizations are entering the metaverse in hopes to build their own digital world, which will attract folks from all over the world.
- Several folks think that Apple and Meta will be the top organizations to dominate this space similar to Bitcoin and Ethereum in the crypto market.
- Recently, it’s Mark Zuckerberg’s Meta and Bill Gates’ Microsoft who have joined forces to boost the growth of the already booming metaverse space.
Meta And Microsoft Joins Forces
Metaverse, the digital realm everyone wishes to see coming alive someday, has attracted a plethora of users, celebs as well as organizations to explore this awesome concept.
Many think of this virtual world too highly, and believe it will be something like Ready Player One directed by Steven Spielberg.
Tech mammoths are already in this race to develop the metaverse, where the recent list of collaboration includes Meta (previously Facebook) and Microsoft. Other companies are also in this cluster which will assist in the development of the virtual realm.
Adobe, Unity, Epic Games, Sony, Qualcomm, Nvidia, Huawei, Meta and Microsoft are in the group called Metaverse Standards Forum. As Reuters notes, Apple is not in this list.
Although Steve Jobs’ Apple is considered to be the biggest player in the metaverse game, and is expected to launch their virtual reality headsets soon. Other missing names here include Roblox, Google and more.
Facebook retitled to Meta just the previous year, to turn its heads towards metaverse, and has since been working towards the development of the concept. Apple is also working on “HTML5”, a web standard, and has joined forces with Adobe and Pixar to work on concepts like USDZ, a file format to be supported in the metaverse.
The Metaverse Standards Forum made Neil Trevett, an Nvidia executive, as the head.
This forum will have a primary motive of facilitating comms among distinct firms to create a real world interoperability in metaverse.
How Will The Forum Influence Metaverse?
This forum includes some of the prominent tech giants, which means the development of the metaverse is in safe and experienced hands. Inclusion of organizations like Qualcomm, Nvidia and Unity might make the concept of Ready Player One a reality, if you know what I mean.
- 1 Billion USD Mark Proved To Be A Cinch For Otherdeeds - August 2, 2022 11:30 am EDT
- Developers Need To Deal With These Possible Metaverse Problems - August 2, 2022 5:00 am EDT
- Lime and Salesforce Are Not Helium Collaborators - August 1, 2022 6:30 pm EDT