- Amicona’s subsidiary, The Sandbox, announced the launch of Dubai-themed metaverse, called “Dubaiverse.”
- The announcement of the launch was revealed at the 62nd True Global Ventures Conference held on September 15, 2022.
- Dubaiverse will be made in partnership with local companies including the digital brokerage firm GCEX, Khaleej Times, and Dubai crypto regulator, VARA.
The model of “Dubaiverse” will be similar to The Sandbox’s Hong Kong “Mega City” model. In April, it announced its second-phase expansion with a series of partnerships with Hong Kong’s flagship Ocean Park, Regal Hotels Group, luxury media group Tatler Asia, venture capital firm Brinc, Web3 venture MADWorld. The Mega City model will also include the tourism, hospitality, culture, media, education, banking, investment, music and entertainment industries of Hong Kong.
In accordance with the Hong Kong metaverse model, the Dubai themed metaverse will also include a series of local partnerships with film, music, entertainment, acting, finance, real estate and gaming industries of Dubai.
The Animoca Brands also shared the information that the first buyer of a plot in Dubaiverse was the crypto regulator of Dubai, Virtual Assets Regulatory Authority (VARA).
Additionally, the Managing Director of GCEX, Mehtap Onder, stated that “the digital brokerage firm will also enter Dubaiverse to offer education on virtual assets.”
Khaleej Times will be the local news partner of “Dubaiverse”, which is following the similar partnership like Hong Kong’s “Mega City” and the South China Morning Post.
Sohail Nawaz, Digital Director at Khaleej Times, stated that “As publishers, business models are being challenged around the world, and new business models are entering this space, it’s a really important strategic move for us.”
Other Metaverse Plannings in The Global Cities
The Co-founder and Chief Operating Officer (COO) of The Sandbox, Sebastien Borget, said that “the other urban-themed metaverses are planned in Singapore, Korea and Turkey.”
In addition, DBS bank last week launched its metaverse experience on The Sandbox, which will team up with The Sandbox to build “SingaporeVerse,” aimed to bring the Singapore culture to life in the metaverse.
- From Remote Breweries to Aircraft; Nokia Plays it Big in Metaverse - February 8, 2023 10:30 pm EST
- Filecoin Creator Protocol Labs Lays off 21% Staff; Blames Market - February 8, 2023 6:42 pm EST
- ETC coin price analysis: ETC coin is strangled inside a range - February 8, 2023 6:10 pm EST