- Yet again, the Non-Fungible Token (NFT) industry has witnessed fraud as an attacker utilized a phishing link to coax a collector.
- The attacker has carried out the theft of 29 Moonbirds NFTs from a single wallet which cost around $1.3M.
- The victim later highlighted that all his stole NFTs were up for sale on the LooksRare NFT marketplace.
The Non-Fungible Tokens (NFTs) space has seen significant hacks and frauds in the past. And now, once again, a similar instance is in the limelight.
An unethical actor has been coaxing innocent people into approving them as a wallet operator by using a phishing website. The attacker has managed to accumulate 29 Moonbirds NFTs from a single wallet.
The robbed victim has the name Keith Digital Omithologist, who has his wife and three children in his family; highlights this theft as life-altering as it took a major part of his 38 years to hustle to earn money.
Moonbirds Theft Worth 750 Ethereum (ETH)
If we talk about the theft worth, 29 blue-chip Moonbirds cost approximately 750 ETH, which is around $1.3 million at current rates, which for the common folks, is a massive amount.
Although the NFT sphere is an ambiguous and unregulated space, despite the fact that a UK court has very recently ruled the virtual assets as legal property, which was a reason why Keith fell back on sending a message to the hacker through a Non-Fungible Token (NFT).
He highlighted a bargain of 28 Moonbirds NFTs to be returned to him in the message. Otherwise, the police and the FBI would be noted. Keith let him keep one Moonbirds NFT as a form of compensation.
But seemingly, his message went in vain as the victim signified later on that all of the stolen NFTs were up for sale on LooksRare, the NFT marketplace.
Those who might be reading this may think about how people get coaxed into such acts. But then, more often than not, the unethical actors disguise themselves as the legit ones, which becomes a trap.
Such instances are a constant reminder for people to stay alert when dealing with third-party platforms.
- Lack of Trust in Dollar Due to Debt Ceiling Drama, BlackRock CEO - June 1, 2023 9:00 pm EDT
- Bitcoin: Author Saifedean Ammous Joins El Salvador as an Advisor - June 1, 2023 8:30 pm EDT
- Roshan Dharia to be Paxful’s Interim CEO Amid Company’s Revival - June 1, 2023 7:30 pm EDT