Crypto-brawls: Tron 4.0 Vs Ethereum 2.0

5d85c99dd353c-bpfull
Steve Anderrson
Steve Anderson is an Australian crypto enthusiast. He is a specialist in management and trading for over 5 years. Steve has worked as a crypto trader, he loves learning about decentralisation, understanding the true potential of the blockchain. Join the official channel of thecoinrepublic, For the latest news updates: https://t.me/thecoinrepublic
  • TRON 4.0, the new upgrade of the platform to be direct competitor Ethereum 2.0 direct competitor.
  • The competition between the two platforms began when TRON’s CEO Justin Sun, hosted a twitter poll about the two upgrades.
  • Approximately 52% of voters chose TRON 4.0, and the remaining 48% chose Ethereum 2.0.

TRON 4.0, the new upgrade of the platform which is likely to launch on July 4th of this year foreseen to be Ethereum 2.0 direct competitor. However, the competition between the two platforms began when TRON’s CEO Justin Sun, hosted a poll in the social network Twitter community on the two upgrades.

However, the tweet received 102,000 votes and over 700 retweets. Approximately 52% of voters chose TRON 4.0, and the remaining 48% chose Ethereum 2.0. But, later Sun accused of buying the tweets and in a way manipulating the entire survey. But at the end of the day, the question remains: Which is the better upgrade? 

Tron Vs Ethereum: The Battle Continues

Advertisement


Ethereum, the second-largest blockchain after Bitcoin, is likely to release its update Ethereum 2.0 by 2020. The first phase expected to launch in 2021 and the second phase and beyond for 2021 and later. 

According to Fred Wilson, co-founder and managing partner at Union Square Ventures that it is because of the scaling issues and hard to build on nature, that developers are looking elsewhere. The cutting edge technology of the platform comes with many unresolved problems. One of them is congestion.

Ethereum faces around 90% of network utilisation, making it very expensive to run the applications. It is a massive setback because Ethereum’s transaction per second is 15, whereas TRON’s can very easily handle around 25-100 transactions per second. Ethereum 2.0 potential updates could include fixing the current scaling and mining issues. It is also probable that it could fix the security issues solutions, including proof of stake solution, sharding, etc. 

On the other hand, the TRON 4.0 upgrade has some seriously sick features added to the platform. One of them is Smart Contract Privacy that uses the zk-SNARKS in it. Well, this makes TRON the first blockchain platform to use this technology that is supported by a virtual machine. Besides, the upgrades add to its proof of stake mechanism. And last but not least, the upgrade brings an entirely new Tron-inter blockchain communication protocol which enables the user to communicate across the three public chains. Well, it is now clearly evident that TRON 4.0 is a privacy driven smart upgrade on the blockchain. 

However, it is challenging to conclude the rivalry between TRON and Ethereum. Both the upgrades have their own pros and cons and when used suitably have their own benefit.

Hot News

New York’s Department of Financial Services Released ‘Greenlist’ of Cryptocurrencies

The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) has recently released its ‘Greenlist’ of cryptocurrencies. Any licensed entity may use coins on...

Coinbase Effect Pumps Band Protocol (BAND) More Than 40%

The band protocol has seen a 45% rise following its listing on Coinbase pro. Coinbase officially announced that starting from August 10,...

Wall Street’s Interest In Cryptocurrency Could Attract Institutional Investors

The Bitcoin prices have rallied to create new records to hit the year high of $11,000 on August 2, further strengthening to above...

ViaBTC CEO Has Announced His Plans Of Considering a BCH Hardfork, Bitcoin Cat

Haipo Yang has been considering building a new Bitcoin fork that is derived from Bitcoin Cash. As of now he has named it...

BaFin Closes All Unauthorised Crypto ATMs In Germany

BaFin has recently shut down all Bitcoin ATMs across Germany. Few months back BaFin had banned all the unauthorised cryptocurrency ATMs under the...

Dan Morehead, CEO, Pantera Capital, Predicts Bitcoin Markets to Stay Bullish in 2020

Dan Morehead, CEO, Pantera Capital, chanced upon Blockchain, was fascinated by it, and never went back to engineering. Pantera Capital became the first...

Partners

RELATED NEWS

New York’s Department of Financial Services Released ‘Greenlist’ of...

The New York State Department of Financial Services (DFS) has recently released its...

Coinbase Effect Pumps Band Protocol (BAND) More Than 40%

The band protocol has seen a 45% rise following its listing on...

Wall Street’s Interest In Cryptocurrency Could Attract Institutional Investors

The Bitcoin prices have rallied to create new records to hit the year...