- The introduction of TRON 4.0 in the blockchain technology will mean a huge transformation to the current methodologies.
- However, the TRX transactions will not be confidential and anonymous in any way.
- The release of Odessey 3.6 on the platform mainnet was on 27th September, 2019.
Justin Sun the CEO of TRON has announced that the upgraded version of the TRON mainnet, TRON 4.0 will be officially launched on July 7, 2020. Sun has always believed that TRON will be a trendsetter in the coming age. The introduction of TRON 4.0 in the blockchain technology will mean a huge transformation to the current methodologies.
Some Distinctive Features of the TRON 4.0 Upgrade
Features of the TRON 4.0 upgrade, that will make it stand out from the rest of the platforms:
- TRON 4.0 will be the first platform in the history of blockchain to implement the smart contract where a technology called zk-SNARKs will be implemented.
- Dual-layer consensus mechanism promises the reduction of block
confirmation. The range of reduction is from 57 seconds to 3 seconds. The mechanism both uses the Dpos and PBFT benefits.
- Brand new TICP Cross chain protocol which will enable the cross-chain technology.
- Financial institution and enterprise solution which will now allow investors to
customize their own blockchain applications.
The Previous Upgrades
However, the TRX transactions will not be confidential and anonymous in any way, the team at TRON foundation confirmed. Amidst the mayhem of the TRON 4.0 release people hardly know about their previous upgrades. Let us talk about them:
Odyssey 2.0: The launch of this upgrade to the TRON mainnet took place on 31st May 2018. As per data, TRON 2.0 has a community approach of around 2153 commits, 543 merged forks. It has released 15 software iterations and added 102 new features. Before it’s release TRON used to function on the Ethereum platform as an ERC-20 token. Further, upgrade broke all the shackles and its ties with Ethereum and became a full-fledged independent blockchain platform. This enabled TRON to enter into the competition of the mainstream companies. Declaration of TRON’s Independence Day took place on June 25. Sun made this declaration.
Odessey 3.6: Soon followed by the TRON Odessey 2.0 upgrade, the release of Odessey 3.6 on the platform mainnet was on 27th September, 2019. It led to the solution of the issues regarding the security, speed, and privacy of the user. Moreover, this brand new upgraded version now allowed the users to vote for the super representative candidates. And, by doing so they would recive rewards in tokens or the TRON token (TRX). It had additional technologies like the TVM or the TRON Verification Machine. This enabled the verifications of the accounts and concluded whether it is a smart contract or not. On a parallel part, it also accepted multiple signatures.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?